Friday, June 5, 2020. 12:00pm - 1:00pm
Mindframe, experts in safe communication about suicide, will deliver training for transport professionals as part of the Austroads/NRSPP project Suicide in Road Transport.
If you work in transport and need to brief staff or contractors, communicate with the media or provide public information about suicide, this session will help you to frame your messages and provide information in ways that reduce risk and support good mental health.
The training introduces the evidence-based Mindframe guidelines for safe communication about suicide and includes:
• a brief overview of the Mindframe program
• the prevalence and impact of suicide in Australia
• an in-depth exploration of the guidelines
• examples of problematic communication
• information about help-seeking and self-care
• an opportunity for a Q&A.
There is no charge but registration is essential. These sessions are provided for staff of Australasian road and transport agencies and partners of the Suicide in Road Transport National Working Group.
Register for this event: