Everymind delivers free monthly online training sessions based on the Mindframe guidelines to support safe reporting, portrayals and communication of mental health concerns, suicide and AOD. The training provides practical and evidence-based support to people communicating about these themes, from those in large national newsrooms through to small community groups.
The training sessions include:
- A brief overview of the Mindframe program
- The Australian context, with current data
- The guidelines in-depth
- Examples of problematic communication
- Information about help-seeking and self-care
- Opportunity for a Q&A with Everymind staff about Mindframe.
The training sessions are available to a range of professionals from areas including, but not limited to:
- Media outlets - print, broadcast and online
- Universities - Specialising in public relations and journalism studies
- Mental health and suicide prevention sector
- Police and courts professionals
- Stage and screen industry
- Lived experience
- Small community groups
- Government departments and agencies.
The training aims to reduce stigma, harm, further suicidal behaviour, and to increase help-seeking behaviour, mental health and wellbeing.