Everymind delivers free monthly online training sessions based on the Mindframe guidelines to support safe reporting, portrayals and communication of mental ill-health, suicide and alcohol and other drugs (AOD). The training provides practical and evidence-based support to people communicating about these themes, from those in large national newsrooms through to small community groups.
The training sessions include:
- A brief overview of the Mindframe program
- The Australian context, with current data
- The guidelines in-depth
- Examples of problematic communication
- Information about help-seeking and self-care
- Opportunity for a Q&A with Everymind staff about Mindframe.
The training sessions are available to a range of professionals from areas including, but not limited to:
- Media outlets - print, broadcast and online
- Universities - Specialising in public relations and journalism studies
- Mental health and suicide prevention sector
- Police and courts professionals
- Stage and screen industry
- Lived experience
- Small community groups
- Government departments and agencies.
The training aims to reduce stigma, harm and copycat behaviour and to increase help-seeking behaviour, mental health and wellbeing.